Affiliate Marketing Programs Avoid the Big Dummy Syndrome by Following Five Simple Steps
Affiliate Marketing Programs – Avoid the Big Dummy Syndrome by Following Five Simple Steps
If you’re interested in an Affiliate Marketing Program, chances are you’ve researched it and maybe even decided one method (or vehicle) in which to proceed to make money online. Avoid feeling like a big dummy by choosing the right affiliate program. By becoming a member of an affiliate marketing program you make money by referring other people to the program.
So you’ve found a program, or maybe even saw one on TV, and jumped in thinking, wow, I’ll be floating in dough in no time. Not long after, maybe about a week, you realize you got caught up in the hype. It’s probably not the hype that stunned you, but rather the fact that all worthwhile things come to those who are willing to work and put in the effort.
I was willing to work but I still felt like A Big Dummy. Why? Because no matter what program you decide to pursue, the fact is that there is so much information to absorb, decipher and disseminate that one gets overwhelmed and starts wondering, why cant I get this, am I A Big Dummy? Its frustrating and discouraging when you read of others who make it look so easy. How is it that they can do it and I cant? Well let me tell you this, you can do it too but you must set yourself up for success first.
Here are five simple elements to consider for success.
1. Understand that there is no such thing as get rich quick, unless you hit the Donald Trump lotto, get on American Idol or, oh yeah, The Hills. You must work towards your goals in a steady, patient and systematic way. It may be a clichÃ© but lets face it “there’s no such thing as a free lunch”. You are going to have to do some work but as you’ll see in a minute, its really not hard, its just takes work.
2. Choose your vehicle to success. The mechanism you choose to reach your goals is just as important, if not the most important thing you do. Now listen, there are literally thousands of Affiliate Programs,”vehicles” from which to pick to begin your business; some are fantastic and some are horrible but picking the right one is half the battle.
3. Set short and long term goals for yourself. When you set a goal and commit it to paper it somehow makes its more real. Attach a time table to it and look at it everyday. Read it out loud and visualize it. Remember all good things come to those who are patient and work towards a goals end.
4. Take action. It sounds simple but believe it or not, this is where people drop the ball, they don’t do anything. Sure we want to have it all but when it comes down to doing a little work we sometimes fail to follow through. Oftentimes this is a result of being paralyzed by analysis, or paralynalysis as I like to call it. I felt like A Big Dummy because I didn’t understand everything about Affiliate Programs and kept over thinking everything. Do not stress over having to know and understand everything because you just wont, so just take action.
5. Enjoy the journey. There may be times when you feel like A Big Dummy but don’t despair, many of us have, and at times still do. Being successful with an Affiliate Program online is not a “do it and you’re done” proposition. It is however, a commitment you make to yourself to pursue your goals.
Avoid the Big Dummy syndrome and pick a program that’s going to give you the education and support you need to succeed.